Visions & Values
Craigieburn Secondary College believes that education makes a significant difference in the lives of young people.
Our vision is “to be an environment in which every student achieves their highest potential”. In addition, we aim to have high expectations of students, teachers and parents and we provide structures and processes that facilitate the implementation of a consistent and rigorous student learning program.
Craigieburn Secondary College RESPECTS RESPONSIBILITY and ACHIEVEMENT in our learning COMMUNITY.
Process fundamental to these values include participation, reflection, change, flexibility, problem-solving, decision making and recognition.
The College provides:
- A learning environment that is safe and supportive and encourages purposeful work
- Equal access to, and opportunity to achieve success in, a challenging comprehensive curriculum at years 7-10 in each of the Learning Areas specified in the Victorian Curriculum.
- A timetable of comprehensive VCE studies and courses in an environment that will maximise access to further education and career pathways.
- Opportunities to develop leadership and citizenship skills, self-esteem and confidence
Craigieburn Secondary College expects its students to:
- Work to the best of their ability
- Respect the rights of all others, their person, space and property through self-discipline
- Strive for excellence and take pride in their work and their school